In the complex world that is all-things Internet, social media is at the top of the list. This article features many of the common mistakes that are made when dealing with social media. What follows, are the first 5. Click on the link to read the full article. ~ LSi Media
Following are 21 common social media mistakes I see business owners making all the time, along with how to avoid them!
- Spreading yourself too thin: Just because a social network exists doesn’t mean you need to be part of it! It is better to focus on a few networks where you know your target market is actively looking to engage with you than to try to do it all and fail because you are spread too thin.
- Posting what you want (not what your audience wants): Instead of posting about whatever’s on YOUR mind, focus on the needs and pain points of your audience.
- Not being consistent across platforms: Your design, values, and voice should be consistent across all platforms to present a recognizable face on social media.
- Not engaging: This is a big one! Too many businesses are still too focused on just posting, and not focused enough on responding, interacting, and engaging their audience.
- Not using images: Images on social media account for 93% of the most engaging posts. Not using images is a HUGE opportunity lost!
The more you are aware of the main hazards of social media, the less likely it is that you will repeat them as a beginner in social media marketing. Repeating what has already been booming will not lead to even greater success. In the same vein, your campaign’s success will not happen overnight. Before you get a substantial return from your social media marketing, you may need to try several different things.