The World’s Gone “Social” – Will They Find Your Business There?
Thanks to people like Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and the “PayPal Mafia,” (just to name a few), we have beautiful phones and visually stunning places to go and hang out – all on the web.
This is great (I guess). And as small business owners, the number one question might be: “Great. Social Media…how do I use this to make money for my business?”
Social platforms, like Facebook and LinkedIn (and now one of our personal favorites-Pinterest), have come on the scene – and all of our customers now literally live in them.
They’re no long rooming the shopping malls or browsing mailed catalogs. No, they’re up at 2 am watching YouTube! videos and at daylight on Facebook (if they can get away with it) or LinkedIn (which everyone finds time for (ahem… ‘excuses‘). As a digital media agency specializing in all things social media – we’re thrilled (of course). And keeping up with the blizzard of changes one finds in these ecosystems can be daunting.
Take LinkedIn for example. Nearly 400 million people can be found day in and day out “networking,” “conversing” (via group memberships), and gracefully (read: discretely) taking a pulse on career opportunities.
Here are 8 Epic stats that we think you will find compelling:
- Number of LinkedIn Members: 313 Million, in over 200 countries and territories (110M in U.S. and Canada alone)
- Number of Businesses who have a LinkedIn Company page: 3 Million
- Total number of products showcased on LinkedIn Company pages: 1.2 million
- Average for sales order value for visitors referred by LinkedIn: $44.24
- 1 in 3 of all professionals on earth are on LinkedIn
- 40% of entire LinkedIn membership checks LinkedIn daily
- Linked drives more traffic to a company’s website and blog than any other social media platform
- Number of LinkedIn users who find it moderately to extremely useful in growing their network and developing their business: 89.7%
So, within 24 hours:
- You can begin conversations in groups
- Share content (video, articles, etc)
- Write, Post and share articles (within LinkedIn and outside of LinkedIn to Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- And begin connecting with not only peers but potential business partners and customers
With just a little investment of time and effort, you’ll gain traffic to your digital assets, engage in meaningful conversations, and most importantly, create valuable leads for your business.